Why choose a Rutgers RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing?
The nursing profession is in a state of ongoing change. Changing health care policies, increased patient populations, and rising educational expectations in the industry are all signs that standards are rising.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects more than half a million new nursing jobs by 2022 and indicates that nursing professionals with at least a bachelor's degree will have a greater number of job prospects.
Put your professional distinction at a premium and elevate your education to meet the industry’s complex demands in patient care and nurse responsibility. Our fully online RN to BS program is a credential that can bolster your job security, expand your career mobility, and diversify your medical range.
Bring our 250-year heritage of academic excellence and innovation to your resume.
With an RN to BS in Nursing degree from Rutgers, you can:
- Apply your coursework on the job
- Pursue opportunities beyond inpatient care facilities and into emerging nursing specialties and venues of care
- Put yourself on a path to advanced education (MSN, DNP) and clinical leadership roles
- Develop intangible critical thinking and communication skills
- Expand your professional network as you collaborate and connect with classmates, our faculty, and Rutgers alumni
- Learn from a distinguished faculty that includes winners of the National Medals of Science and Technology, Guggenheim Fellows and Fullbright scholars
Rankings and Accreditation
The Rutgers School of Nursing – Camden is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Rutgers University ranked the #26 Top Public School (2015)
Other online bachelor degree programs prepare you for now; we prepare you for the future. Our curriculum is designed to help you think critically, explore information, and grasp the concept of lifelong learning. The touchstones of our coursework will help guide you through the increasingly complex demands of nursing.
Learn how the nursing field is expanding into the community and alternative venues. Examine the foundations of nursing leadership and what it takes to deliver comprehensive care of the body and mind. The lessons learned in your online courses can be immediately applied to everyday scenarios in your workplace. With the flexibility of our online RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing, you can redefine on-the-job learning.
- Conceptual Foundations of Professional Practice
- Nursing Pharmacology
- Nursing Research
- Community Health Nursing and Global Health
- Nursing Management and Leadership
- Biomedical Ethics
- Developmental Psychology
State laws governing distance education programs may limit Rutgers’ ability to offer online opportunities to students in all 50 states. If you wish to enroll in our online RN to BS in Nursing program and reside outside of New Jersey, please inquire to determine if we have acquired permission to offer online courses in your state.