What can a Rutgers Ed.M. in Adult & Continuing Education do for your career?
An Ed.M in Adult and Continuing Education from Rutgers can lead to new career opportunities, higher salaries, and greater responsibilities. The competitive tuition rates give students access to great teaching, Rutgers resources, and great career and job placement services.
Your advanced career starts with an advanced education
Help adult learners reach their full potential as you reach your own. Pursue an online Master’s in Adult and Continuing Education and secure your reputation as an expert in the field. With an Ed.M. in ACE, you can open new career opportunities and improve your salary outlook.
Your Master of Education in Adult and Continuing Education can lead to roles and average salaries such as*:
- Training and Development Manager — $73,000
- Corporate Trainer — $53,000
- Training Coordinator — $43,000
- Adult Literacy and GED Diploma Teacher — $40,000
*Average salaries according to Payscale.com
What do employers look for in a Master of Education in Adult and Continuing Education job candidate?
Adult and continuing education is a growing field. In fact, instructional coordinator roles are projected to grow 13% from 2012 to 2022 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics). Today’s employers are in need of passionate candidates with respected qualifications. As one of the top institutions of higher learning, the Rutgers University name commands respect.
A great education starts with a great curriculum. Our Ed.M. in Adult and Continuing Education curriculum explores four areas of adult education to help you develop your strategy, expertise, and leadership mindset in your area of interest.
- Apply new skills to your workplace immediately
- Prepare for the complex demands of adult and continuing education
- Learn from Ph.D.-level instructors
- Choose from one of four industry relevant specializations, including higher education, educational technology, adult ESL and literacy education, and human resources development
Why an online Master of Adult and Continuing Education?
The education master’s degree trains working professionals to design, implement, and evaluate positive learning experiences for adult learners. It offers:
- Potential for career advancement in community organization, adult literacy education, professional and continuing education, and human resource development
- Innovative methods for planning classes and programs that meet adults’ unique needs in a variety of contexts
- Four optional specializations: Human Resources Development, Higher Education, Adult ESL and Literacy Education, and Educational Technology
- The freedom to customize your program to fit your unique needs and interests
Your future. Our faculty.
Our experts come from all over the education field. With years of experience in education, our faculty members infuse every course with their own experiences, expertise, and passion so you can develop your own.
Our program is also committed to providing:
- Learning tools and tutoring
- Job placement assistance
- Access to student coaches and advisors
With you all the way
Our trained Enrollment and Executive Coaches will help you through each step of the educational process, from exploring available programs to completing your degree and beyond. Your coaches can help you to:
- Navigate the admissions process and connect you with campus resources
- Discover, track, and achieve your personal, educational, and career goals