What can a Rutgers MI do for your career?
A Master of Information degree from Rutgers can lead to new career opportunities, higher salaries, and greater responsibilities. In addition, you will have access to competitive tuition rates, great career services, and job placement assistance.
Your advanced career starts with an advanced education
Career options in technology are broad. That’s why our MI allows you to focus on your area of interest with three industry-relevant concentrations available online. With our MI, you can earn a degree that establishes your expertise and expands your opportunities.
Explore careers in information fields such as:
- Data analysis and management
- Digital assets and archives management
- Information architecture
- Competitive intelligence
- Information management
What do employers look for in an MI job candidate?
Technology careers command expertise. Earn a degree that does, too. Today’s employers demand dedicated professionals with the right credentials. Establish your authority in technology with the Master of Information program from Rutgers, a respected leader in education.
Why choose a Rutgers Master of Information?
- Choose from three concentrations: Library & Information Science; Data Science; and Technology, Information & Management.
- Help organizations and businesses secure, organize, and leverage digital resources
- Take advantage of our affordable, nationally competitive tuition
- Join a vast alumni network of library and information professionals
Explore our curriculum
The Master of Information degree adds versatility in curriculum and professional opportunities. To meet your unique interests and career goals, choose from three concentrations, or customize a general MI degree.
Choose Rutgers for a broad professional education:
- Apply lessons learned in your workplace immediately
- Choose from three concentrations: Library and Information Science; Data Science; or Technology, Information and Management
- Learn to maximize the potential of emerging information and communication technologies
- Study with Ph.D.-level instructors
How can our concentrations help you?
More data is being mined than ever before. Unparalleled access to information has transformed nearly every industry. For you, this means an opportunity to analyze and visualize how people, communities, and information intersect. Our concentrations help you home in on your area of interest and open new professional opportunities.
Study in a top M.I. program
- Ranked #6 nationally in Library & Information Science/Studies by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked #2 in School Library Media by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked #7 in Information Systems by U.S. News & World Report
- American Library Association accredited
- Member of iSchools, an organization dedicated to advancing the information field
Your future. Our faculty.
At Rutgers, we are proud of our faculty engagement and support services. Our faculty of industry experts is committed to helping you develop the tools you need to begin or advance your career with confidence.
Our program is also committed to providing:
- Learning tools and tutoring
- Job placement assistance
- Access to student coaches and advisors
With you all the way
Our trained Enrollment and Executive Coaches will help you through each step of the educational process, from exploring available programs to completing your degree and beyond. Your coaches can help you to:
- Navigate the admissions process and connect you with campus resources
- Discover, track and achieve your personal, educational, and career goals