At Rutgers University, we are committed to your success. We require that candidates seeking enrollment in the online MMME meet the following criteria and submit the following documentation. To begin the application process, please contact an Enrollment Coach by calling 1-866-935-3024.
- Application for admission and application fee
- Official Transcripts: Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree in Music or Music Education (with or without teacher certification) from an accredited college/university with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Curriculum Vitae - a written overview of your experience and other qualifications
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably from former teachers or professors and address academic potential, teaching skills, musicianship, and character
- 5-10 page academic paper on a subject in music history, music theory, or music education
- Personal statement of career objectives and reasons for obtaining the degree (1-2 pages)
- Video of teaching (5-10 minutes) or Letters of reference that address applicant's teaching
Tuition and Fees
Tuition* is calculated per credit hour. You may also request a copy of the tuition and fees schedule for the program from an Enrollment Coach. There are a number of financing options available to qualified students, including subsidized and unsubsidized federal loans, private education loans, employer-sponsored tuition assistance, and an annual installment payment plan.
- $900 per credit hour
- $300 per course fee
*All tuition and fees are subject to revision by Rutgers University’s Board of Trustees.