The Online Advantage
Learn from anywhere, according to your own schedule
Balance your studies with other life commitments
Enjoy small class sizes and close online interactions with faculty and peers
Attend classes year-round, full or part-time
Choose from Fall, Spring, and Summer starting points
With You All The Way
Our trained Enrollment and Executive Coaches will help you through each step of the educational process, from exploring available programs to completing your degree and beyond. Learn more about Coaching here
All application materials must be received by October 15th to be included in the first round of admission offers.
Why an Ed.M. in Learning, Cognition & Development at Rutgers?
The Ed.M. in LC&D is intended for students interested in the psychology of human learning, cognition, and development as it applies to education. Students will:
- Study the ways in which people learn, think, and grow in a modern learning environment
- Work with cutting-edge learning techniques and technologies that will change education as we know it
- Establish a firm educational foundation for further study at the doctoral level
- Increase earning potential in a variety of careers
- Learn how to engage and motivate students in collaborative learning and problem solving
- Application for admission
- Official transcripts or previous academic work
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official GRE scores
- Personal statement
- A non-refundable application fee
- TOEFL scores (for international applicants)
Our 30-credit curriculum is solidly based on theory and the application of the most recent research in the field. We offer several options for specialization within the degree, depending on your particular focus.