With You All The Way
Our trained Enrollment and Executive Coaches will help you through each step of the educational process, from exploring available programs to completing your degree and beyond. Learn more about Coaching here.
To ensure full consideration, submit your application as soon as possible.
Why an MM in Music Education?
Challenge yourself to develop a greater understanding of music teaching-learning processes, improve personal musicianship and more. You will:
- Enhance your ability to share the importance and joy of music with the next generation of young learners
- Engage with a program designed for established K-12 music teachers
- Deepen your understanding of critical issues in the field of music education
- Benefit from a low tuition, even for out-of-state students
- Not be required to complete a performance audition upon entry or a dissertation upon completion
- Undergraduate degree in music or music education (with or without a teacher certification) from an accredited college or university with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Official transcripts
- At least one year of teaching experience
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement (1-2 pages) with career objectives
- Video of teaching (5-10 minutes) or letters of reference which address the applicant’s teaching experience
- 5-10 page academic paper on a subject in music history, music theory or music education
*For additional information please find the Program Details link below
Our well-rounded, 30-credit curriculum consists of 18 credits of study in music education and 12 credits in music history, music theory and ethnomusicology.