What can a Rutgers MPA do for your career?
An MPA from Rutgers can lead to new career opportunities, higher salaries, and greater responsibilities. In addition, you will have access to competitive tuition rates, great career services, and receive job placement assistance.
Your advanced career starts with an advanced education
Your Master of Public Administration is flexible. With an MPA, you can explore career opportunities in the private, nonprofit, and government sectors. In fact, the federal government is one of the top employers of MPA graduates and the largest employer in the nation. Rise above your competition. Get a degree that establishes your expertise and expands your reach. Your MPA can lead to roles such as:
- Urban Planner
- City Manager
- Budget Analyst
- Political Scientist
What do employers look for in an MPA job candidate?
You have the passion for public administration. Now get the credentials. Employers of MPA graduates seek out passionate candidates with respected qualifications. As one of the most distinguished institutions of higher learning, the Rutgers name makes a statement.
A great education starts with a great curriculum. Our MPA curriculum explores four areas of public administration to help you develop your strategy, expertise, and leadership mindset in your area of interest.
- Apply new skills in your workplace immediately
- Explore every avenue of public administration with coursework in ethics, economics, finance, and strategic planning
- Tackle real-world issues with a capstone project
Choose from one of four industry-relevant concentrations:
- Public and Nonprofit Performance Management
- Healthcare Administration
- Nonprofit Management
- Finance and Budgeting Management
Why a Master’s in Public Administration at Rutgers?
The public administration degree from Rutgers School of Public Affairs and Administration (SPAA) gives students a broad understanding of the field and its relevant issues.
- Apply learned theory to actual practice
- Engage in a cutting-edge curriculum
- Benefit from no GRE requirement
- Join an extensive, active alumni network
- Pay a competitive tuition, even from out-of-state
- Specialize your MPA by adding a concentration from four offered: Public and Nonprofit Performance Management, Healthcare Administration, Nonprofit Management, or Finance and Budgeting Management
Accreditation & Rankings:
Out of nearly 300 schools nationwide, in the 2017 “Best Graduate School” rankings, U.S. News & World Report ranks Rutgers SPAA:
- Among the Top Public National Universities
- 7th nationally in Information and Technology Management
- 11th nationally in City Management and Urban Policy
- 13th nationally in Public Management/Administration
- 17th nationally in Nonprofit Management
- 18th nationally in Public Finance and Budgeting
- 28th nationally in Public Policy Analysis
- 34th nationally in Public Affairs
- Five faculty are members of the Congressionally chartered National Academy of Public Administration (NAPA)
- Ranked 12th in the nation by Value Colleges Top 50 Best Value Online MPA Programs of 2016
Your future. Our faculty.
Our experts come from all over the public administration field. From award winners to published authors, they infuse expertise and passion into every lesson to help you develop your own. Our program is also committed to providing:
- Learning tools and tutoring
- Job placement assistance
- Access to student coaches and advisors
With you all the way
Our trained Enrollment and Executive Coaches will help you through each step of the educational process, from exploring available programs to completing your degree and beyond. Your coaches can help you to:
- Navigate the admissions process and connect you with campus resources
- Discover, track, and achieve your personal, educational, and career goals