What can a Rutgers Master of Social Work do for your career?
With Rutgers, you can get an education with a strong ROI. Your MSW from Rutgers can lead to new career opportunities, higher salaries, and greater responsibilities. In addition, you will have access to competitive tuition rates, great career services, job search support, and field placement assistance to help you find a preceptor in your local area.
Your advanced career starts with an advanced education
Earning your Master of Social Work can help you establish your expertise, expand your reach, and open new opportunities. With the right credentials in an industry projected to grow 12% by 2024, you can go beyond entry-level positions and into advanced roles in many fields, including:
- Medical/Public Health
- Substance Abuse
- Child Welfare
- Correctional Social Work
Our program is responsible for developing some of the most qualified professionals in the field, and that starts with our innovative coursework.
- Graduate in four semesters with the Advanced Standing track available to qualifying students.
- Build your body of knowledge with courses such as Psychopathology, Social Welfare Policy and Services, and Field Education Practicums
- Learn to help victims who are women and children with our online Violence Against Women and Children certificate
- Apply new skills in your workplace immediately
Specialize your degree with a Certificate in Violence Against Women and Children
Pursue your opportunities in women and child advocacy with our online Violence Against Women and Children certificate. In our certificate program you can:
- Learn to effectively respond to victims of violence and provide resources and support for recovery
- Benefit from specialized advanced field placement in the field of violence against women and children
- Complete your MSW in the same amount of time – our certificate coursework is embedded into the MSW program, which won’t extend your degree completion time
- Be exposed to a network of professionals and alumni in the field
Why a Master’s in Social Work online?
- Graduate from one of the nation’s largest schools of social work
- Complete your internship anywhere in the U.S.
- Take advantage of our nationally competitive tuition
- Specialize your career with our Violence Against Women and Children certificate
- Benefit from no GRE requirement
- Expand your network with respected social work leaders from around the nation
An elite school of social work
Your future. Our faculty.
A great education starts with a knowledgeable and supportive faculty. Our team of experts ranked 3rd nationally in research productivity, including publications, citations, and awards (Academic Analytics). They infuse expertise and passion into every lesson to help you develop your own.
You can also benefit from:
- Learning tools and tutoring
- Field placement assistance
- Job placement assistance
- Access to student coaches and advisors
With you all the way
Our trained Enrollment and Executive Coaches will help you through each step of the educational process, from exploring available programs to completing your degree and beyond. Your coaches can help you to:
- Navigate the admissions process and connect you with campus resources
- Discover, track, and achieve your personal, educational, and career goals
The Rutgers Master of Social Work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), and satisfies the requirements for licensure in New Jersey. Requirements for licensure vary by state, if you are interested in professional licensure in another state, please check with the appropriate licensing agency in the state where you intend to practice. Social Work licensing requirements by state can be found here.